Business Process Improvement: By the Numbers
Why Brands Choose NexGen For Process Transformation
Business Process Improvement
We build a foundation for your transformation by understanding your unique requirements, assessing your current state, showing you what's possible with modern solutions, developing a desired future state and optimizing your core processes.
Enterprise Technology Selection
We guide your company through an unbiased, comprehensive and highly structured process designed to determine your best-fit solution – one that will meet your unique requirements, scale with your business and enable your future vision.
Solution Implementation Management
We combine a flexible, proven implementation methodology and exceptional project management expertise to reduce your risk, accelerate time-to-benefit, drive ROI and deliver success.
Business Value Realization
We combine industry best practices, process maturity-focused projects, software enhancements and your new capabilities to sustain process improvements, close the value circle and ensure you maximize the benefits of your ERP solution.
Digital transformation is a relatively new term.
It refers to organizational change efforts that aim to:
- Improve an organization’s technology and tools
- Enhance employees’ digital skills
- Adopt new, modern business models
- Inculcate new cultural ideas
- Among other things.
The technical definition will often differ slightly, depending on who you ask.
However, most of those definitions revolve around core concepts such as those above.
Today, the entire economy is digital.
Businesses are regularly engaged in digital adoption, transformation, and change efforts. Because of this, the entire global economy is digitizing.
Digital transformation helps businesses stay competitive in this environment.
Those that can transform effectively will survive, thrive, and succeed.
Companies that are too slow to adapt will lose their edge in the marketplace
Digital transformation is affecting every industry, from retail to marketing to healthcare. The impact of digital transformation differs from industry to industry.
The scale of that impact depends on factors such as:
- How reliant an industry is on technology
- What type of technology that industry uses – i.e., hardware or software
- The advancements of technology in general, and for that industry specifically
- Regardless of the scale of that impact, every company is transforming to some degree.
This answer also depends on a number of factors, such as:
- The industry or marketplace
- Budget constraints
- A company’s long-term strategy
- Other factors may also come into play, such as government regulation or legal hurdles. Healthcare and finance, for instance, have more to consider when it comes to transformation.
However, as a general rule, the sooner the better.
Companies should stay ahead of the curve, rather than try to catch up to it.
A digital transformation project involves a number of steps, such as:
- The digital adoption of new technology, tools, software, and platforms, to maintain or gain a competitive advantage
- IT modernization, from infrastructure to hardware to software
- Implementation of digital-first business strategies
- Refocusing efforts on the customer experience
- These disparate efforts follow global trends that prioritize customers and technology.
Such trends contrast to “old-fashioned” business models that follow waterfall design approaches.
One of the most important questions is: why digital transformation?
Some of the biggest benefits include:
- A competitive advantage in the marketplace
- Improved technology capabilities and technical capacities
- Business models that are more cost-effective and streamlined
- Innovative, adaptable corporate cultures